John T. Hoffoss wrote:
> On 6/27/06, Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net> wrote:
>> Then formally propose a change.  Start a new thread.  I'm sure we're
>> all familiar with how voting on email lists go.  Unless we actually
>> see a formal, "Proposal: Lift Yahoo! Ban" email, we've pretty much
>> come to the end of this conversation.
>
> Here I thought that's what we were doing...but in any case, let me start it off:
>
> Yes, Lift Yahoo Ban

We're not really going to conduct a poll via e-mail, are we?

There *must* be some FOSS solution for strong authentication
(at least identity as confirmed by round-trip e-mail, if not GPG).
When I edit my "members page" I am prompted for HTTP Basic Authentication
so https://mn-linux.org has an identity database that we could use.
So I'm advocating voting on a website (instead of e-mail) so that we can
reduce the likelihood of gaming the vote and provide statistics.

Didn't Bob refer to some website for the (older?) poll?
I didn't dig for that URL because if we are starting a new poll I don't want to
speak for the disposition of any previous infrastructure/poll.

Regards,

--Tom

P.S. This challenge of making TCLUG decisions (what's a quorum, etc.)
     is (IMHO) much more important than any given issue (even Yahoo).