And how would you feel if you were told you either have to change your e-mail address you've had for 10 years, or only access the list via a web interface, because 5 years ago a virus MAY have been sent from a yahoo spam-bot which is now no longer a possibility.

Miffed, yes.  Unreasonable, that apparently is in the eyes of the beholder.