Mike Miller <mbmiller at taxa.epi.umn.edu>  wrote:
> In other words, there was no good reason to ban yahoo.com in the
> first place.

Except for the fact that banning Yahoo at time time worked out quite
well to suppress the spambot.  That actually qualifies as a "good
reason" in my book.

> In case I am misunderstood, I should point out that I am not using
> Yahoo.com.  I use Pine on Solaris, so I don't really care about the
> yahoo issue but I think it is unfair and unhelpful to single out one
> mail source based on a single email from 5 years ago.

Then formally propose a change.  Start a new thread.  I'm sure we're
all familiar with how voting on email lists go.  Unless we actually
see a formal, "Proposal: Lift Yahoo! Ban" email, we've pretty much
come to the end of this conversation.

And no, polls are not votes.  Polls are polls.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/