On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Florin Iucha wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 08:44:50AM -0500, Mike Miller wrote:
>
>>> http://archives.mn-linux.org/pipermail/tclug-list/2006-June/050067.html
>>>
>>> ...and read it fully (and it doesn't look messed up there, so I guess
>>> pine had a problem with it).
>>
>> In case anyone is curious about how that message looked in pine, check
>> this out:
>>
>> http://taxa.epi.umn.edu/~mbmiller/tanner_email_in_pine.gif
>
> What is wrong with it, other than the text flow? Which...
>
>> It isn't pine's fault.
>
> Oh, yes, it is.

Not quite, but thanks to your help I can now see that it's caused by
something on my system that precedes pine.

>> The message is a single plain text attachment and if I save it as text
>> and look at it in "less", it is just as messed up.
>
> No, it is not. The message is text/plain, encoded with base64. You can
> get it raw at:
>
>   http://iucha.net/tclug/bob_email.txt

I can copy that to my system and it looks fine in pine.  But the copy on
my system is different and that is why pine displays it differently.
This is in the message header on my system:

That is not added by pine but by either procmail (with spambouncer) or
sendmail, both of which process the message on my system before pine sees
it.  I think the problem might be spambouncer.  Does anyone have any
experience with this problem?

Thanks for the tip!

Mike