On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 08:44:50AM -0500, Mike Miller wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Mike Miller wrote:
>
> > the rest of the message looked like a horrible mess in pine for some
> > reason. I just found it here...
> >
> > http://archives.mn-linux.org/pipermail/tclug-list/2006-June/050067.html
> >
> > ...and read it fully (and it doesn't look messed up there, so I guess
> > pine had a problem with it).
>
> In case anyone is curious about how that message looked in pine, check
> this out:
>
> http://taxa.epi.umn.edu/~mbmiller/tanner_email_in_pine.gif

What is wrong with it, other than the text flow? Which...

> It isn't pine's fault.

Oh, yes, it is.

>                        The message is a single plain text attachment and
> if I save it as text and look at it in "less", it is just as messed up.

No, it is not. The message is text/plain, encoded with base64. You can
get it raw at:

   http://iucha.net/tclug/bob_email.txt

What Bob sent, it is precisely what we've got. My MUA (mutt on Linux)
has no problem displaying it, with the proper text flow (paragraphs,
white spaces, etc.).

   http://iucha.net/tclug/Screenshot.png

> How TCLUG's list archive transforms that mess into this neatly-formatted
> message is a mystery to me:

Your MUA is a mess, not the message.

florin

--
If we wish to count lines of code, we should not regard them as lines
produced but as lines spent.                       -- Edsger Dijkstra