Jerry, Eugene:

I am also a novice to Linux, I feel that I know enough to be able to run a few distros without as much help as in the past. However, I really became interested in Gentoo Linux through my friend Jeff, which sleeps, eats, and lives with 5-10 live gentoo boxes. Having this friendship we talked about the different methods, applications, utilities, and learning moments we have had with different applications. So, I think you two might have something very in common possibly working on computers together knowledge could be exchanged. BTW, what distros have you worked with in the past, just so people who read your postings can get a better understanding?

Thanks,

David