Hi all,
	I write this message in hopes of finding a local hardware guy who is
good at working on the internals of laptops. I have a presario 700 with
the dreaded hinge problem, the display will not stand up; it falls right
over and you have to put books behind it to get it to stand up..  also,
the athlon 1600+ never should have been put  in there by compaq, it puts
out enough heat to keep me warm in january, so every time i compile
something big it just shuts off. I know I need to get some better
thermal paste on the cpu, but again, I really don't want to try to open
it myself... desktops, sure i'll rip any one apart, but laptops...
especially ones that are still somewhat usuable / worth some money... i
am not so sure I want to rip that apart. So, if anyone out there has
experience with laptop repair or modification, please get back to me,
hopefully we can work out something. Compaq wants more than it's worth
just to fix the hinges, and that wouldn't fix the thermal paste problem
anyway...

Nick

http://npt.ath.cx

"all unix, all the time."