Tom Marble wrote:

> As I'm one of the people that maintains that documentation let me
> know how we can improve it ;-)
>
> The Sun JVM will run up to -Xmx at 4 GB (well around 3880) on those
> operating systems that will support it.

Really?  Ok, now I had to go run some experiments.

On my windows XP machine, with 2 GB of RAM, the max I can launch at is
-Xmx1500M

On a 32 bit Fedora Core 3 install with 3 GB of physical RAM, I can get
up to  -Xmx3750M - (today - strange thing is I _know_ I couldn't get
this high previously - I don't know what system setting I have changed
to let me go higher...)

So, where can I find the documentation that explains how the OS caps
these numbers?  Is there a way to raise the cap on windows?

Thanks,

Dan

--
Daniel Armbrust