On Thursday 01 June 2006 2:02 pm, David Alanis wrote:
> Thank you for the comments/suggestions. As we speak I am trying to
> deploy/create an image from two similiar PCs. Yet I am still trying to
> compehend the process to having numerous images and playing the guessing
> game to which one will work best. I have obtained sysprep from Microsoft
> and will test it out today to see how it can facilitate my problem.
>
> P.S.
>
> I know this is a Linux forum, however, I asked with the intention to
> received suggestions to other non proprietary cloning
> applications/suggestions/experiences in a large infrastructure.
>
> Thank you,
>

> David

Hi David,

First let me say that I agree with the other advise you've been given. At this
point you need to do what has been asked of you. At a later date you can
approach your management again with alternative ideas.
[Creaking rocking chair sound in the background.]
A long time ago (or so it seems) an IT manager was asked why he bought a set
of IBM PS/2s instead of the bright shiny Compaq's that were faster and
cheaper? His answer "Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM." Ten years later
his replacement was asked why she continued to by Compaq's with their
non-standard parts and eccentricities instead of the Dell's that were faster
and cheaper? ...

You can figure out the rest of this story I'm sure.

Now back to your question. A story about the Trinity Rescue CD came across
NewsForge a couple of weeks ago. One thing it claims to be able to do is
clone partitions including Windows OS partitions. More info at:
http://trinityhome.org/trk/

Jack

--
Jack Ungerleider