Hi all,

My wife and I are going to start building a house in the next month or so.
One of the things I intend to do is run network and speaker wiring through
the walls, from a central server closet to each room. What I have in mind is
to build a MythTV media server, with the ability to send audio and/or video
out through independent channels to each room. So if my wife is in her hobby
room, she can use her laptop to access the server, and tell it to start a
specific music playlist and send it to the hobby room's speakers. Meanwhile,
I can be sitting in my den with my own laptop, and tell the server to send
my own playlist to that room's speakers, or perhaps send a TV show or movie
to the TV and speakers in that room.

One of my design goals is to NOT require a computer in every room, except
maybe a laptop to access the server and tell it where to send the output.
I'm not sure if we need to install separate sound and video cards for each
room, or what.

I've only just started doing some research on this, so I haven't really RTFM
yet. Just hoping to get a few pointers from those of you who have done the
same or similar.

--
Dave Sherman
MCSA, MCSE, CCNA