On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, sceptre0 wrote:

> I installed Ubuntu 6.06 on both my laptop and desktop.  The installer
> worked flawlessly on my desktop, but crashed about 10 times on my laptop
> before I got it installed.  It also would not let me set up a separate
> partition for my home directory on my laptop, but it worked on my
> desktop.  It was nice to boot into a Live CD to install the OS, but it
> was much slower and buggier than the 5.10 installer.  Hopefully they get
> these issues worked out soon.

Thanks for the confirmation.  It's a really big mistake for the Ubuntu
group to distribute a major release with a very buggy installer.  Really
sad because the thing works fantastically once you get past the early
stages of the installation.  Not many inexperienced people will be able to
get through the first part of the installation.  It's a big setback.

Mike