A Comcast user.

Have had cable Internet since mediaone started the service in West Paul.  I had the dial upload and cable down, but it was a lot faster than plain dial up.

I downloaded the latest full Netscape browser (~4 M?) of that time on dial up a few days before cable was installed.  The dial up took somewhere around an hour and half on QWest for download.  When the service tech installed the cable modem we downloaded the same browser on cable, think it took only a few minutes, not more than five.  The deal was good as the service was free for three months for being "tester" for mediaone cable.  Had a few outages, but one was due to some transit starting a fire under one of the bridges over the Mississippi river and burned the cable.  I think a lot of users including dial up lost service for a few days.  One other time a garage fire down the block burned down and burnt the cable, no service for a few days.  Service was still free so I had no complaint.  Have had a few outages, only one incident of bad customer service.  When Comcast took over I had some email issues, mainly receiving mail.  He asked what mail client I was using and told him Nets
cape.  He insisted that I would need to use Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.  I said if that is so then I want my service disconnected, told him I did not like IE or Outlook Express, he said SIR, oh don't stop service, wait a minute!  He turned me over to a supervisor and supervisor gave me the info needed to get Netscape client as my email.  Supervisor said I did not need to use IE or Outlook Express and that most of the customer service reps only knew those for troubleshooting.

 Checked some speeds today anywhere from 3.9 to 4.5 down and 345 to 450 up from Speakeasy.

Jerry W