 > It will be hard to sell one of the FOSS solutions to management,
 > especially if they caught the Clearcase bug (but all the big boys have
 > it), but Subversion will be easier than most because:
 >    - it is similar to CVS (in commands, IDE support, and in the fact
 >      that it is centralized)
 >    - it is developed by former maintainers of CVS
 >    - it has corporate sponsorship, and they sell support contracts
 >
 > florin

Dittos on Subversion - We have been using it for about a year now -
there have been a few minor issues that were mostly caused by buggy gui
clients - but those have been mostly cleared up now.  All of the
Subversion gui's that work with Eclipse should also work with IBM's
other eclipse based tools.

Apache and Sourceforge both seem to be trending to Subversion now too.

Unless there is a fancy feature in Clear Case that you absolutely have
to have... there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to pay for source
control software, when there are so many good free ones available.

Dan

--
Daniel Armbrust