Air leaving the nozzle can become charged...  same principles as the Van
de Graaff generator (aka Vandegraf..)

The hose may help if it is somewhat conductive, but not otherwise.  An
air filter is usually made to trap the water also.

I think it's possible to suppress the static generation, but I haven't
looked for the right stuff to do it.  Maybe Micro Center sells a kit
(with nozzle) for use with compressors..    Anybody know where to find
good data on this?

Chuck