On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 11:58:46AM -0600, Scot Jenkins wrote:
> On 1/31/06, Bob Tanner <tanner at mn-linux.org> wrote:
> > Maybe third time will be the charm?
> >
> > Current web site is static and entry into making changes "high". So, I put up
> > Zope in the hope of getting more community involment. It totally flopped.
> >
> > Got a couple volunteers to help with Zope and get a framework in place, but it
> > again totally flopped.
> >
> > So, I'm back :-) Pitching a CMS for tclug, this time Drupal. Comments?
>
> Drupal is great for community-based websites.  The local PHP user
> group's site uses it.
> http://tcphp.org/

I developed the web site for a Minnesota-based charity, Bundles Of Love,
using Drupal.  It took me a little while to get the hang of it, but now
it's trivial to keep up to date.  I am the only one actually entering
content though.  http://www.bundlesoflove.org

> Keep in mind it's not the technology but the _people_ who make the
> website what it is.  No matter what tool you use, if no one bothers to
> participate the website will always flop.  This is a problem amongst
> any user group.  Everyone want's a cool website using the latest tools
> but no one is willing to put in the time to keep it up to date.

You've hit this bang on - I've seen this many, many times.  It started
back in the paper newsletter days and continued to the web site days.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA