I'm fairly experienced with desktop linux, but not so much with mail
service.

My network consists of;
HW firewall/router/wireless access point
vlad - Debian stable - headless samba server / misc workhorse
aptiva - Debian testing - desktop
thinkpad - Debian testing - laptop
sethra - Win ME - Wife/kids email/games

What I want is to be able to do all my email stuff on vlad.  Either via
ssh remotely or local network via CLI, or from aptiva or thinkpad from
the local network.  And spam filtering, hopefully.  For now, this only
has to support my account, perhaps my wife's someday, so no more than a
couple hundred messages a day.

In my fumblings, I've gotten fetchmail on vlad to retrieve mail from my
pop server, and sent mail (mostly) successfully with exim, so the CLI
part of this is basically sorted.  What do I use to allow aptiva and
thinkpad to see/manipulate the email on vlad via (for example) kmail?

Google pointers anyone?

Thanks,
Mark Mitchell