On 1/18/06, Jay Austad <austad at signal15.com> wrote:
> I just installed FC4 with Fedora Directory Server.  I'm looking for
> pointers on configuring it and getting a schema in place.  I can't
> seem to find any docs that walk you through it and I don't have time
> to read 300 pages of docs.  Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Right now, the database is empty.

The schema it comes with will be sufficient for a large majority of
uses (such as nsswitch, addressbooks, etc).  You will likely want to
create accounts for users/people using the shadowAccount object class,
and posixGroup object class for groups.  I tend to organize the users
and groups into organizationalUnits (ou's), but that has no real
effect on how nsswitch works unless you tell it to.

--
Jay Kline
http://www.slushpupie.com/