Raymond Norton wrote:
> Glad it's no me, but I have a school I work with that had a server go
> down. (no back ups). It was a windows 2000 server with mirrored drives.

I don't know about windows mirrored drives, but others have recommended
LiveCD's to mount the partition(s).

Let me make a plug for a CD everyone should have handy -- RIP
Recovery Is Possible.
http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/rip/

You should be able to boot this and see the partitions:
# fdisk -l /dev/hda
# fdisk -l /dev/hdb
# fdisk -l /dev/hdc
# fdisk -l /dev/hdd

Let's say the NTFS volume is /dev/hdb3 then you should be able to
mount it read-only with
# mount -t ntfs -o ro /dev/hdb3 /mnt

I'm sure, however, that since Windows is so easy to administer that
there is a way to pop in a good drive for the bad one and have it do the
right thing(TM).

HTH,

--Tom