I haven't recovered a mirrored pair under Windows since NT 3.51, but ...

As I recall there was a trick to get it to boot from the mirrored drive
- I seem to recall typing in the full path to the disk in the boot
loader. Then once it was running I had to use Disk Mangler to break the
pair, popped in the new drive and set up the mirroring again.

As a last resort you could boot from the W2K install disk and see what
it thinks is going on and see if it offers to fix it.

--rick