On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 08:19:40PM -0600, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> So I'm in the market for the cheapest solution that will get me GL at
> 1280x1024 at 16 or 24bit color depth.  I might be able to talk SWMBO into a
> $30 budget before June, but no higher until then.
>
> Am I screwed until June?

Not at all!  Check out some of the low-end cards at Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=2010380048+4093&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=48&Order=price

You've got at least a dozen choices for under $30 including shipping.

If you can't wait, General Nanosystems has a low-end card at $35.
http://www.nanosys1.com/vid-ch-gf4-4k64.html

ZipZoomFly has some low end stuff too and they're offering free 2nd day
shipping.  I've ordered from them before and they've been flawless.
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=324521 - $30
and it includes DVI and TV-out in a retail box.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA