I just bought a $50 21" monitor which had an unexpected side effect.  My 3dfx
Banshee card just outlived it's usefulness.

I couldn't figure out why OpenGL stopped working until I looked through the
xorg.log file.  The card won't work on >16bit color which isn't a major issue
but it also won't work at > 1024x768 which is huge.

So I'm in the market for the cheapest solution that will get me GL at
1280x1024 at 16 or 24bit color depth.  I might be able to talk SWMBO into a
$30 budget before June, but no higher until then.

Am I screwed until June?

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark Mitchell