I am having two problems with my dual boot (FC3 and Windows XP)
Toshiba notebook which seems to me are related to the bios.

1. A HP 1100 printer is connected to the parallel port of the
notebook. It works fine but when I boot the machine in FC3 it does not
see the printer and the hardware configuration wizard asks for
keeping/withdrawing/doing nothing with the configuration. The work
around I am using is to restore the bios setting before booting the
machine. I need to do it "every" time I boot the machine in FC3. Win
XP, however, sees the printer fine. How can I stop FC3 to change the
bios settings?

2. I am using the network to synchronize the system clock in FC3. When
I am using FC3 only there is no problem. But each time I boot the
machine in XP, the system clock is changed. Again I found that the
bios clock has been changed by FC3.  How can I fix this?

I could not find any solution by Googling but if you know about any
related discussion please point me there. Thanks in advance.

Arko.