Isaac Atilano wrote:

>Try the emu10k1 module instead.
>According to
>http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php?vendor=vendor-Creative_Labs#matrix
>it says that the sb Lives should use that module instead.

I tried to use a "SoundBlaster Live! 24-bit" with Ubuntu, and had
problems, too.  You do have to use the emu10kl module.  I was eventually
able to get the sound working, but the Mike and Line-In inputs aren't
supported by the driver (yet).

It took me a while to figure out how to disable the on-board sound for
my Soyo motherboard.  There's one BIOS setting under "integrated
peripherals"  to  disable  "legacy sound card" , but the built in sound
(AC'97) was still there until I found the other sound card setting in
the "CPU/clock" page.  Some of the Linux sound applications wanted to
use the first "sound card", not the SoundBlaster.