On 2/4/06, Shawn Fertch <sfertch at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/4/06, j_wrocky at comcast.net <j_wrocky at comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > Off topic.
> > Does anyone know if AT&T DSL is available in the twin city area?  See
> > the price is around $13.00 for DSL.
> >

> That's just ISP charges, you'll still need to lease the line.  Qwest still
> offers their ISP services which is qwest.net.
>
> I use qwest.net for my ISP (not the MSN stuff) which is about $10/month
> for the ISP charges, line charge is about $38/month and static IP's are
> about $15/month for a block of 8.

Shawn,

How would you rate the quality of the line? Is the down/up speed good? How
would you compare it to cable (assuming you've had cable internet)?

I had Qwest and found the latency of the line to be terrible back in 2000.
Sometimes a key stroke would take a second or two to echo back to the screen
in an SSH session.

I would love to have 8 static addresses for that price, but only if the
speed and reliability are there.

Thanks,
Eric