On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 12:14:26PM -0600, Jay Austad wrote:
> Looking for about 48 6-7 foot ethernet patch cables, prefer new.
> Anyone have a box of them they'd like to sell, or know where I can
> find some locally for a good price?

General Nanosystems has a 7' patch cable for 3.19 each.  You can also
get 100' or 1000' spools.  The 1000' spool is $70 and then you could put
your own ends on with a crimping tool ($25 there).  So for about $100
plus the cost of the connectors, you could make what you need for less
than the cost of the pre-made cables and have a lot left over.

I think that places like Home Depot sell the spools of cable and tools
too.  I just had a quick check and they've got a 50-pack of ends for
$30 which doesn't sound all that cheap.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE