Well, if you think that, don't help me! In reality I'm
a new grad student who never really learned any of
this stuff before (in my 15+ years of database and Web
programming), but who now is expected to run labs on
it. Actually the previously prepared labs I was handed
were much duller, simpler, rote, but I insist on
giving the
students more. These questions I ask are for an OS
course and an intro Sys Programming class. My
university is not a top university, but I'm struggling
to learn, and struggling to present this material to
my students.

I'm already 50 years old, but I came back to grad
school because I want to learn--and to get out of the
Dilbert scene which is all I've really known in the
working computer world.

So, again, take it or leave it! If I don't get answers
from TCLUG, I'll just go somewhere else to build up my
knowledge bank.

BTW, I'm taking classes in Programming Languages
(Robert Sebesta) and Algorithms (Thomas Corman,
et.al.), so if I ask any questions about these
subjects, yes, I'm cheating, don't answer them!

Olwe

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/realloc.html