I have been a hard-core user of OpenSuSE, but with the last version Novell
released (10.1), it was too unstable for my uses as well.  I moved over to
Ubuntu to try it out (plus it was more light-weight on the older computer I
was putting it on).  I will say that after using it for quite some time now,
I have no urgency to go back to Novell.  If you are a KDE user, go for
Kubuntu.

- Joey