On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 22:56 -0600, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> "Kevin Lombardo" <kevin.lombardo at gmail.com>  wrote:
> > 1. Is there a way to tell which device drivers have been compiled in
> > to a pre-built kernel?
>
> The config file used to build the kernel is always found as
> /boot/config-`uname -r`.
How does this config file get there?  I ask because I've built many a
kernel and the only time I find a config file there is when it's been
part of the install of a particular distribution.  Is it standard that
all distributions do this?  Should I be doing it when I compile my own
kernel?

Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see a signature.asc file attached to the message this is my
digital signature.
See http://www.gnupg.org for more information.