On 8/25/06, queasyfish <queasyfish at yahoo.com> wrote:
> When I rebooted, the bootloader stops with an "error 22" and will not boot
> into anything (I was assuming that it would boot into Windows).  Anyway,
> this is my issue - how to boot into windows/fix the bootloader.

I would imagine that there's a "restore"  or "repair" option on the
10.1 CD's boot menu that would let you reinstall the bootloader
without doing a full install, but I'm not familiar enough with it to
know off-hand.

Alternatively, from an ubuntu forum post I came across
 (at http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=206262) :

<snip>
You deleted grub when you deleted Ubuntu. Right now you do not have a
boot loader to boot up XP. You can do 2 things. Reinstall Ubuntu or
get a windows XP install disk. Boot to it. Select recovery mode by
entering r at the first prompt.
It will take you through a quick dialogue eventually asking you which
version of windows you want to use for the recovery. You only have 1
so enter 1 and it will give you a command line i.e. C:\
Enter this command there
Code:

fixmbr

This will rewrite the mbr with windows bootloader and you will be able
to boot to XP like you did before ubuntu
</snip>