From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Randy Clarksean
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:06 PM
To: tclug
Subject: [tclug-list] Monitoring http activity, emails, etc.

Ok ... I had previously asked about firewall hardware and did get some
good feedback.

Now ... part two.  I need some recommendations about Linux based
software for scanning outgoing emails, http activity, etc. ... this
would be behind the firewall and before everything jumps into a switch.
SO ... all traffic would go through this.

I am envisioning a simple box ... with a stripped down version of linux
running ... where by the log files, etc. could ideally be accessed via a
web browser.

Anyone tried this or done it before?

Thanks in advance.

Randy