On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 12:42:32PM -0500, Dan Drake wrote:
> I don't know Perl or CPAN usage very well, and I'm trying to install
> the grepmail [1] program. This is on my work computer and I don't have
> root access, so I'm trying to use CPAN to handle the dependencies for
> me in a reasonable way.
>
> I have the installation started, but I keep getting this message:
>
>   *** Installing dependencies...
>   *** You are not allowed to write to the directory
>     '/var/tmp/cpan-drake/sources'; the installation may fail due to
>   insufficient permissions.
>
> But the directory it complains about is 755 with me as owner:
>
>   drwxr-xr-x  4 drake math    4096 Aug 21 12:16 /var/tmp/cpan-drake/sources/
>
> Because of this problem, the installation fails. How can I fix this?
> Thanks.

Sounds like it's not a CPAN problem at all, but a permissions problem.
I just downloaded the latest grepmail from CPAN and installed in
~/grepmail/; can you do the same?

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota