I don't know Perl or CPAN usage very well, and I'm trying to install the
grepmail [1] program. This is on my work computer and I don't have root
access, so I'm trying to use CPAN to handle the dependencies for me in a
reasonable way.

I have the installation started, but I keep getting this message:

  *** Installing dependencies...
  *** You are not allowed to write to the directory
    '/var/tmp/cpan-drake/sources'; the installation may fail due to
  insufficient permissions.

But the directory it complains about is 755 with me as owner:

  drwxr-xr-x  4 drake math    4096 Aug 21 12:16 /var/tmp/cpan-drake/sources/

Because of this problem, the installation fails. How can I fix this?
Thanks.

Dan

  1. http://grepmail.sourceforge.net
--