I think it is a mistake to discount criticism of Mr. Stallman
as only a consequence of his hair and clothing. He has
many opinions on various subjects, and he is not afraid
to share them. If a person were to agree with most or
even many of those, I can see why a person might have
nothing but respect for Mr. Stallman. I do not, and though
I do respect Mr. Stallman for his many signigicant
accomplishments, I think he (and his words) deserve
more than respect. He (and they) deserve serious
consideration, and the employment of a persons own
judgement concerning their relative worth. In my
experience he is as likely to put forth a worth suggestion
as an unworthy one, but that is my opinion.

>>> Mike Miller <mbmiller at taxa.epi.umn.edu> 08/16/06 1:05 PM >>>
I think he deserves nothing but respect for his
accomplishments even if he has long hair and
sloppy clothes.