A friend of mine has a Yamaha PSR-295 keyboard.  She would like to be able
to record songs she plays, or compose and upload the songs to the keyboard.
The software that came with the keyboard (Windows of course), is confusing
for her and she does not like it.  I am checking if anyone has any
recommendations for free software that they like for this purpose.  I am not
a musical person so I do not know the best software to recommend or try out.
Software recommendations can be for any of the following platforms, order of
preference from highest to lowest: Linux (OpenSuSE 10 (i386 or ppc), or
Fedora Core 5 (i386 or ppc)), Mac OS X, Mac OS 9, Windows (if absolutely
necessary).

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

- Joey