Both at home (Debian unstable) and work (Fedora Core 3), when logging in
I often get the little pop-up that says "I've detected a panel already
running, and will now exit." I'll click okay, and then it (often) immediately
pops up again!

Sometimes it stops after one click; sometimes after 2 or 3; and
sometimes, it just keeps going and going and I have to play a
whack-a-mole game with gnome-panel processes. Sometimes, it doesn't do
it at all! It seems totally random.

How can I stop this? I've previously tried deleting my .gnome2 and
similar directories, but it comes back. Any suggestions?

Dan

PS: A bit of UI ranting: why does it need to tell me it's going to exit? If
you're going to exit, just exit! Don't bother me about it!

--
Ceci n'est pas une .signature.