Shawn Fertch wrote:

> Any thoughts or suggestions on what I can try?  I've been going off of
> the RH kickstart documentation, as well as various google searches.
> But, I have not seen anything address this particular issue.
>
> If it makes a difference, I'm using RHELv3(update 5)

Does the box have a Gigabit NIC in it?  I've seen lots of strange
interactions between RedHat's installer and Gigabit cards, mostly having
to do with the default timeouts in anaconda not being long enough to
allow the NIC to sync with the switch fully.

You can put the following lines at the top of your %post section to make
anaconda switch terminals so you can see what's going on:

%post
exec < /dev/tty3 > /dev/tty3
chvt 3
<rest of %post commands>
chvt 1

Stick that code in your ks.cfg file and put a sleep command in there to
make sure the %post is getting executed.

There are also a couple of boot options you might play with to see if
they help:  --linksleep and --ksdevice.

-- jeremy