I'm working on building a kickstart system. I have it working in it's basic
level, however now I want to start adding post scripts to it that are hosted
on our kickstart server. I've tried both nfs mounting the exported
filesystem, as well as using wget to pull the scripts. What it looks like
I'm running into is that the system either can't make network calls at the
post level, or it's failing to write to the directory. I think it's failing
to hit the network in the post level.

Brief overview of what I'm doing:

1) Boot off of media, then at prompt I enter in the following:
linux ks=nfs:<kickstart server IP>:/var/ftp/pub/ks.cfg

2) Once that loads, it comes back and asks me how I want to install. I
select the NFS option, then proceed to enter in the server/source
information.

3) The install starts and runs automatically until I get to the reboot
screen.

I know at the time of doing the RH install it's on the network. I'm using
the DHCP server assigned address. However, it appears as if in the %post
section is where it loses it's network connection.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what I can try? I've been going off of the RH
kickstart documentation, as well as various google searches. But, I have not
seen anything address this particular issue.

If it makes a difference, I'm using RHELv3(update 5)

Thanks!

--
-Shawn

-Nemo me impune lacessit. Ne Obliviscaris..