On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:31:02 -0500
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net> wrote:

> Andrew Zbikowski <andyzib at gmail.com>  wrote:
> > Is it any good?
>
> It's a rack.  How can it be good or bad? ;-)
>
> > Can it hold a nice Dell server (if the Dell server has the right
> > rails...) Can it be dissassembled? :-D
>
> Standard 19" cabinet with a door on the backside, spacers on the
> front.  Its not threaded and needs the s-nut inserts in order mount
> anything.  I'll include what I purchased for it.  It's wired for 220
> volt, so you may want to add your own 120 volt power strip.
>
> I do not think it can be disassembled, though I haven't tried.
>
> > I'm kinda looking for one that I can ship out to our LA office...
>
> Might be expensive to ship.  It's heavy.

Is this the same thing you'd find something like an HP K-9000 in?  I
have one in my basement and I'm moving in about 1/2 year so mine will
be up for grabs soon too.  I thought I'd play with the server a
little, but just didn't have the time.

And yes, it's one heavy beast.  The rack is very nice, though I'm not
sure if something is funky with the power, the whole unit seems to
have a charge even with my 120v power strip.

Josh