On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 11:35:39AM -0500, Richard Hoffbeck wrote:
> I used Opera for a while a couple of years ago but haven't used it
> lately, but it did a pretty good job. At the time it was the only
> browser doing tabbed windows and it offered saved sessions and preset
> sessions. I had it set up to open the dozen or so sites I checked the
> first thing every morning.

The /only/ feature i miss from Opera is the saved sessions (where if
your browser crashes or you just close it..  all your tabs are restored
when you restart the browser).  However, I recently found the extension
for this in firefox called SessionSaver..  Which works great.

The biggest "feature" i don't miss from opera is it's counterintuitive
tab ordering, where it will go to the previously used tab when you close
a tab, instead of the next tab on the list.  I would have liked opera
much better if i found a way to change that mis-feature (which,
admitidly, some people love).

I don't see much speed difference, other than that caused by Opera's
over-zealous caching (which caused me more headaches than it saved in
load time).

Dan