New TCLUG Classified Ad

Category: Computer

Type of Ad: For Sale

Subject: Samsung Laser Printers

I have two new Samsung Laser printers in box never used. Description:

# True 600 dpi delivers crisp, clean documents. At 600 x 600 dots per inch, your text and graphics will come out razor-sharp, giving you high-quality, professional-looking results time after time.
# Speedy printing up to 17 ppm black. Why wait for a slow printer? Using Samsung's Smart GDI language, the ML-1740 will give you strikingly clear prints at a speed that won't slow you down.
# Compact 7 4/5"H x 14 1/5"W x 14 3/5"D size maximizes desk space. This smartly styled printer sports a streamlined design that will allow you to keep it within easy reach without sacrificing significant desk or shelf space.
# 8MB memory handles large print jobs. Your new printer comes with 8MB of standard memory, allowing it to process even bulky documents and more complex projects without a hitch.
# Convenient 250-sheet cassette tray with one-sheet manual slot. With a tray capable of holding half a ream of paper, you'll waste less time adding sheets, freeing up time for more important tasks. Or you can manually feed one sheet of specially headed paper through a slot on the front of the printer.
# Dependable — up to 15,000 pages per month. This reliable printer is designed to process an impressive 15,000 pages each month, allowing you to produce hefty documents without fear of overtaxing your machine.
# TonerSave button increases toner capacity up to 40%. This exclusive feature allows you to utilize toner more efficiently and significantly reduce your per-page cost. Great for processing draft documents or printing out e-mails.
# Versatile! Prints on index cards, labels, envelopes. The super-capable ML-1740 can solve a variety of everyday problems by printing on 3" x 5" index cards, labels, envelopes and sheets up to legal size.
# Easy PC connection via USB or parallel. Your new printer has both USB 1.1 and parallel ports, giving you the ability to connect quickly and easily to almost any computer.

"I just installed this printer under SuSE 9.2 using the supplied CDROM.
I am using USB and CUPS and it installed fine with one exception.
When I started yast to configure CUPS and the printer, it knew that the
database had been updated (the Samsung CDROM), however I did NOT get a
selection for the Samsung ML-1740 PPD.

I used the ML-1710 PPD file and it worked fine.

This might be a SuSE thing?"

Anyone interested please call 952-486-3158 or send e-mail to canito @ dalan .us

Price is nogotiable!

Seller Email address: DALANIS at HOTMAIL dot COM

http://www.mn-linux.org/cgi-bin/classifieds/index.cgi