Hello all.  First time post here, so be patient.

I am trying to install a new printer that I purchased the other day.
When I purchased it, I looked at the literature that was associated with
the printer, and it said that it was compatible with Linux.  (So much
for truth in advertising, eh?) Perhaps that last non-parenthetical
phrase should be in finger-quotes ("compatible with Linux").  It is a
Samsung CLP-510, which I picked up at Best Buy.  I thought it a great
bargain for a color laser printer with duplexing.  Unfortunately, it
does not install easily.  (That is code for "I can't figure it out.")  I
am running SuSE 9.3 Pro on an Intel P3 667MHz processor with 256MB ram.
I am trying to install through Cups, and I downloaded the latest stable
Cups release and did a configure; make; make install.  I have the ppd
file from the cd that came with the printer, the Samsung web site, and
one that I got from someone that posted to google groups saying that
they had this particular printer and that it worked fine for him.  Still
no luck.  Does anyone on this list have the expertise that I am sorely
lacking?  I would greatly appreciate any help that could be provided.

Thanks much.

-Gabe