How is that different?  "to a spreadsheet" implies to me rows, columns, and cells format the same as being a spreadsheet.

A report in my experience is more like a mailmerge document with tables, pie charts, database extracts, and spreadsheets imported to
the report or embedded within it.  The report is the superset of formats, etc, and spreadsheet is only one subset type.

Chuck