Haudy Kazemi wrote:
> At 03:13 AM 10/1/2005 -0500, greg wm wrote:
>>no way i'm going to convince our director to stop pasting stuff from our
>>vast array of Word documents.  nor can i expect a friendly response to a
>>suggestion that he use plain text only.  and of course there's no way we
>>can get all his correspondants to stop using outlook.  you can't rule
>>people not even in your own organization.  what's left?  well it seemed
>>a miracle i got him to switch to thunderbird, but, it looks ominous now
>>we're running headlong into a switch back to outlook.
>
> So MS Word is dumping junk tags into the emails...can you paste without
> formatting? (this is one the capabilities of the 'Paste Special'
> command...I don't know if Tbird supports Paste Special).  Either way, you
> can enable pasting without formatting by following the instructions below,
> copied from "Paste Without Formatting"
> http://www.j-san.net/node/204#comment-2845

he does indeed want to paste stuff from word with formatting..

being denied that capability is, however, at least one step better than
configuring tbird for plain text mode.  i hope this will hold him long
enough for an actual fix to come down the pike..

thank you,
greg

Greg Whitley Mott
IT Coordinator