On 11/30/05, John Meier <john.meier at gmail.com> wrote:

> On dual boot linux/win system I've always done the win part first then the
> linux - now I'm face with letting windows do what it will with the hard disk
> and I don't know how that will effect the linux part.  Any pointers here?

After you install Windows, go into a chroot jail of your linux root
partition (booting from a live cd) and run either lilo or grub-install to
recreate your boot partition.  There are parameters that you can set to tell
it where the config file is without going into the chroot jail..

--
-Shawn

-Nemo me impune lacessit.  Ne Obliviscaris..