Yo-

All of a sudden windows won't boot on my dual boot mepis/win2k laptop -
which I use for work when I'm not at my home office.  I don't use win2k much
- but there are times when I have to.

the error is that the system file is corrupt or some crap like that - the
recovery is to load the default system file using the recovery console and
since I did not have a back up of the "system" file I'm stuck with a
registry that is 3 years old - aka reinstall everything again.  So "f"
that.  I'm going to reload windows but I'm concerned about my linux
partition.

On dual boot linux/win system I've always done the win part first then the
linux - now I'm face with letting windows do what it will with the hard disk
and I don't know how that will effect the linux part.  Any pointers here?

thanks everyone!