I know that in the past when I have worked with boot-time drivers not
included in the base Redhat install I have had to recompile a kernel
with the driver as a module.

You then have to make a custom initrd image with that driver included.
The details of this are hazy but I am sure you can google for it. IIRC
all the tools you need are included with the base install. I believe
you use mkinitrd actually...