I have tried that one already ... no go ... it stalls when it is booting up the first time ... so I never even get the chance to try it out.

Randy
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Shawn Fertch
  Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 9:35 AM
  Subject: Re: [tclug-list] LVM recovery

  On 11/20/05, Randy Clarksean <rclark at lakesplus.com> wrote:
    p.s.  I have tried Knoppix, in the process of getting Gentoo Live, ... do any of these live CDs come with vgscan, etc.?  All of the online info requires me to use these commands, but no such luck in finding them on these live cds.

  FC3 should have the vgscan commands on it.  However, I've never used any of the FC recover cd's.

  I've been experimenting with this one:

  http://sysresccd.org/

  Be aware though that there may be differences between LVM versions, but you can work around them.

  --
  -Shawn

  -Nemo me impune lacessit.  Ne Obliviscaris..