Well put, T.  I am *so* glad I asked this list.  Thanks to Florin for
catching the detail and everyone else for chiming in.  I've set several
non-geek friends up with Dells to make life cheap and easy... I should
probably get them all little fire extinguishers for x-mas as a reminder
to call me for support.   I called quecomputers.com this morning
inquiring about a Dell specific PS.  Neither of the 2 I talked to had
heard of this issue.  2 guys at my job were quite familiar.