Florin Iucha wrote:

>On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 10:07:57PM -0600, Bob Hartmann wrote:
>

>>Just say I need a plain ol' power supply for a Dell Dimension and I have
>>the bad one in hand.
>>Then say I need to get a replacement today.
>>Then I tell ya that I typically go to general nano or [mu]Center, but
>>I'm time constrained near Portland Ave and Lake St.  (pretend I have to
>>ride my bike!)
>>If anyone has a recommendation, I'm all eyes.  TIA!
>>

>Make sure you get a Dell Power Supply. Or an ATX-to-DELL adapter.
>
>Dell has an extremely devious tactic of using physically-compatible
>but electrically incompatible ATX 20-pin-like mobo power supply
>connector. If you plug in a straight ATX PSU sparks will happen.
>
>Be careful!
>
>florin

Yeeikes!  Seriously?  It's not my peecee, so that's good to know.
I suppose you're willing to sell me said adapter at a bargain rate...
(yep, yep, sarcasm.  Easy now.  No, no, chill.  easy.  hey.)
Can anyone corroborate this and/or answer my question?
I guess general nano is not outrageously far from there.