On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 10:07:57PM -0600, Bob Hartmann wrote:
> Just say I need a plain ol' power supply for a Dell Dimension and I have
> the bad one in hand.
> Then say I need to get a replacement today.
> Then I tell ya that I typically go to general nano or [mu]Center, but
> I'm time constrained near Portland Ave and Lake St.  (pretend I have to
> ride my bike!)
> If anyone has a recommendation, I'm all eyes.  TIA!

Make sure you get a Dell Power Supply. Or an ATX-to-DELL adapter.

Dell has an extremely devious tactic of using physically-compatible
but electrically incompatible ATX 20-pin-like mobo power supply
connector. If you plug in a straight ATX PSU sparks will happen.

Be careful!

florin

--
Don't question authority: they don't know either!